4 year universities

So a couple of weeks ago we talked about community/junior colleges. Today we are going to talk about 4 year universities. A university, as defined by Merriam Webster, is “an institution of higher learning providing facilities for teaching and research and authorized to grant academic degrees.”

In other words, if you want a bachelor’s degree, you will ultimately graduate from a university. You can start off at that school and complete all 4 years there or you can transfer in from a community college after you have your first 2 years of basics done and finish your last two at the university.

There are different types of Bachelor’s that you can earn:

  1. Bachelor of Science (BS) = your coursework was mainly in a particular science area
  2. Bachelor of Arts (BA) = your coursework was mainly in the area of humanities
  3. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) = your coursework focused on intensive art and design studies
  4. Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) = your coursework was in an area of business

(I have a BA in Communication 😉)

It’s also IMPORTANT TO NOTE that until you have graduated with a BACHELOR’S DEGREE, you are considered an UNDERGRAD!

****Undergrad = No Bachelor’s Degree (yet)****

Some widely known universities are: Texas A&M University, Stanford University, Florida State University, etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *